Thursday, July 10, 2008

He's finally done!

For all of you who have been counting (me) Greg is finally done with his residency. 12 years later, he is an actual anesthesiologist. The Univ of Utah did an awesome dinner at the Grand America.
Greg with his buddies, Jason and Ty.
This is all the people finishing in Greg's class!

Can you tell I am happy? I never thought this day would come. I remember driving out to Kansas City with my 2 year old Austin and my 1 year old Ian thinking that when Greg is finished with school, Austin with be 10 and Ian with almost be 9. I remember thinking, "That is so far away, that will never come." I can't believe we are finally here! It really did go fast. For those interested, we are staying in our house at least another year while Greg works at the new hospital in town. We still don't know what we'll do after that, but we'll let you know.

8 comments:

criss said...

I am so happy for you and your family. It has been such a long sacrifice. So so proud of Greg. xoxo

Ty and Jacki Hanks said...

YEA!!! It feels so good to be done doesn't it! Especially when you go shopping with real paychecks! :) hahaha I miss shopping with you! You always found good stuff! :)

Nathan and Heidi said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you guys. You finally made it! We love you guys!

Suzanne said...

I got your blog off of the Church's blog. I loved your post! (I'm going to copy those pictures for my folder since my camera was out of batteries.) Isn't it so exciting to be done. I think it is hard for a lot of people to understand the accomplishment, but it's big and I'm happy for you. I'm excited that Greg and Jason will be together sometimes at IMC. Congratulation on moving on to a new stage in life. It will be fun to see what this new season in life holds for us :)

Melanie said...

YEAH!!!! CONGRATS!!! LET'S GO ON A TRIP AND CELEBRATE!!!!

Tavis Johnson said...

Congratulations guys!!!!! You are so awesome!! I know it must have seemed like a really long time for you guys, but it went pretty fast to me;) I know you guys worked soo hard though. You guys are sooo amazing/strong/sweet. We are so proud and happy for you, and we love you more than you'll ever know.

The Jensens said...

CONGRATS!!!!

Heather said...

Hi Kristi,
I am finally joining the ranks as a blogger... www.buffandclunk.blogspot.com
This makes me want to cry when I think about how I used to watch Austy and Ian for you, and how much work you guys have put into your education! Way to go!!!! We are so proud of you guys too. I will try to do better staying in touch!!! Also, sorry to hear about Ryan. It seems things were so busy for me right around the time of his passing. They put me in as Primary President (sheer desperation, I know!) Anyway, Lots of love to you and your family!
Love,
Heather